Sunday, June 1, 2008
Now look at this-A Miracle in Italy-READ THIS-AMAZING!
I came across this recently and wanted to post it here. The post about the Penrhys pilgrimage is below if you want that. But this miracle is truly AMAZING....
Ancient Anxanum,(Lanciano in Italy) has contained for over twelve centuries the first and greatest Eucharistic Miracle of the Catholic Church. This wondrous Event took place in the 8th century A.D. in the little Church of St. Legontian, as a divine response to a monk's,living under the rule of St Basil ,uncertainty about doubt about Jesus' Real Presence in the Bread and Wine of the Eucharist.
During Holy Mass, after the two-fold consecration, the host was changed into live Flesh and the wine was changed into live Blood, which coagulated into five globules, irregular and differing in shape and size.
The Host-Flesh, as can be very distinctly observed today, has the same dimensions as the large host used today in the Catholic Latin church; it is light brown and appears rose-colored when lighted from the back.
The Blood is coagulated and has an earthy color resembling the yellow of ochre.
Various ecclesiastical investigation ("Recognitions") were conducted since 1574.
In 1970-'71 and taken up again partly in 1981 there took place a scientific investigation by the most illustrious scientist Prof. Odoardo Linoli, eminent Professor in Anatomy and Pathological Histology and in Chemistry and Clinical Microscopy. He was assisted by Prof. Ruggero Bertelli of the University of Siena.
The analyses were conducted with absolute and unquestionable scientific precision and they were documented with a series of microscopic photographs.
These analyses sustained the following conclusions:
• The Flesh is real Flesh. The Blood is real Blood.
• The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.
• The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart.
• In the Flesh we see present in section: the myocardium, the endocardium,
the vagus nerve and also the left ventricle of the heart for the large
thickness of the myocardium.
of the myocardium. .
• The Flesh is a "HEART" complete in its essential structure.
• The Flesh and the Blood have the same blood-type: AB (Blood-type identical
to that which Prof. Baima Bollone uncovered in the Holy Shroud of Turin).
• In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions
(percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteic make-up of the fresh
• In the Blood there were also found these minerals: chlorides, phosphorus,
magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.
• The preservation of the Flesh and of the Blood, which were left in their
natural state for twelve centuries and exposed to the action of atmospheric
and biological agents, remains an extraordinary phenomenon.
See my posts about Corpus Christi below.......26 May 2008